Monday 23 February 2015

Chocolate,Tennis training and being a tour guide

Sorry about not posting last week! But I was out exploring and being a tourist (in more than one country, but more on that later)
So this week (being two weeks ago..soz) was just a little bit perfect. Just like all the other weeks, not a lot happened out of the ordinary, but it was still a great week!
On wednesday I was stoked to see that I had a parcel in my pigeon hole, and it was something that I hadn't ordered online.. It was a parcel from home, filled with whittakers chocolate, pineapple lumps, my school yearbook and some other bits and pieces mum sent over. Its amazing how a little bit of chocolate can make your day! And I've been good and haven't eaten any of it yet (I'm saving it, because once it's gone, its back to the english stuff...)

Other then the parcel, the rest of the week was like any other, and because it was the last week before the half term holidays, it was even more chilled then usual. On Thursday I learnt that I am absolute rubbish at tennis after joining in with the year 7&8 games. Though in my defence I had never played tennis before, but that didn't stop everyone laughing when I couldn't hit the ball over the net (personally I blame the racquet) but by the end of the lesson I managed to hit the ball every time, and most times it went over, and occasionally it went in the court! Talk about pro!


By the time the weekend rolled around I was desperate for a holiday, so on saturday I got a ride into London, navigated my way across the underground like a pro and watched the rugby in the comfort of my relatives living room. Now I imagine you all did something lovely for valentines day, wither it was dinner, a movie or flowers? Well I did too, except dinner was a M&S pizza, and the movie was on Netflix, but I was finally reunited with my friend from NZ! I hadn't seen her since I left NZ in December so needless to say it was a night filled with long chats about our jobs, and our lack of sunshine, and out excitement for the week ahead. 

Sunday was once again spent being a tourist in London, as Adele (previously mentioned friend) had never seen the sights before. We also met up with a couple of other gappies and spent the day wondering around London and skillfully navigating the tube (I was appointed team leader so it was my job to get us where we wanted to go. And I did! Woop!) I managed to lead the gang from Big Ben to Downing Street to Trafalgar Square without looking at a map once! I think I might have a calling as a tour guide?! I'm actually getting quite familiar with the London underground now too! I know what most of the lines are called, and how to get from anywhere in the city to Victoria – because thats where I need to be to get home. Turns out you only need three weekends in London to pretend you know where you're going – who knew?!
The Globe theatre. I know my english etcher would be proud!

Abbey Road! I pity the people driving who have to wait for the people to get the perfect photo..

 I think Harrods at night is one of my favourite things in the city!
Oh the things you see when you're waiting for a train! Yes that is a penny farthing!


I can't wait to see the city in the summer when the trees actually have leaves.. 
Spot the tourists. Obviously the two people standing in front of the lion. Weirdos.

And I think that's it for that week! Again, sorry for not posting sooner, but you had a heads up so you should have known!

No comments: