Monday 2 March 2015

Another month passed, and crazy weather..

So last week I said that I wouldnt be doing anything on monday basically because im lazy and couldnt be bothered getting dressed. Then I realised that I actually had to go to the supermarket and find a post office. I did not know how stressful the afternoon would get. First off it decided to pour with rain the second I got into the car, which meant I had to remember how to work the windscreen wipers. Then I had to find the post office in a town that had no signs and stupidly thin streets, which I had to do three-point turns on because the cars turning circle is non-existent. After about 15 minutes of being lost I got directions from a lady in the supermarket because google wasn't helping me, and eventually found the post office at the back of an oversized dairy. Lets just say next time, I'll be going to the other town from now on, because there are actually reasonable sized roads there.

Compared to that effort, the rest of the week was really relaxing thank god. In forrest school they made marble runs from cardboard tubes and bits of wood. Its quite worrying to see how few of the kids knew what a marble run was, because unless there's an app for it they wouldn't have a clue about anything. However after an hour of test runs and explaining that for the marble to move, the pipe shouldn't be horizontal, they eventually made some decent runs that withstood 12 excited 6yearolds shoving marbles down them.

On wednesday my maturity was put to the test when I went to a school called Sexeys for a netball game. Personally I think I did very well, and only had a little chuckle to myself the first couple of times the name was said needless to say the girls found it hilarious for the whole afternoon...
When we got back from the fixture we were treated to a Chinese feast in celebration of the Chinese New Year (It's the year of the sheep, which is why NZ is suddenly doing well in things we don't usually do well in. but that's just my theory) and after dinner there was an intense game of Chinese Dragonball (basically Danish longball with a more fitting name)

Thursday morning was one of the more trying mornings of this year. I had to be up and dressed by 7am, because at 7.05 there was a fire drill practice. I'm just glad the staff were told about before hand because as most of you will know I am not a morning person at the best of times, so being woken up by a screaming fire alarm would not have been pretty for anyone. Thankfully this happened on the morning that I have to wake all the girls up, so instead of the usual 10 minutes of walking between the dorms telling them to get out of out bed, they were out of bed in seconds (as they should be) and by the time they were back from the chapel it was time to get ready for school which made my job 100 times easier.

The rest of the week was spent playing netball and dodgeball (my team won 5-0. I would like to think it was all because of my amazing ability, but the year 6's are really good...). I also did some colouring in to pass the time I spent child minding. And while I was not colouring in the year 6's made my life tough when they decided it would be a brilliant idea to stay up till 11pm talking on friday night because they had a sleepover. It doesn't matter how many times you tell kids that you can hear them talking after lights out because your room is right next to theirs and the walls are pretty thin, they still talk and then pretend to be asleep (I now understand how mum and dad knew I wasn't actually asleep, because kids fake sleeping is not convincing at all... Sorry mum and dad)

Sunday was fantastic because as usual it was pyjama breakfast, and then an hour of making sure all the dorms were tidy and the kids were ready for the day, and then I had free time for the entire afternoon! So I made the most of the sun and went for a run (woah there motivation) and then basically watched a bit too much netflix..
Sunday night was spent eating dinner, and then supervising letter writing while eating a donut and drinking hot chocolate (yet again- I love my job!)

And that's pretty much it! Except for some crazy weather this morning (snow, sunshine, hail, rain, sun – spring in England...)

This was at 8 this morning, snow on the 2nd day of spring..


woah there photography skills, the blue sky on the left and the right is the hail storm that just passed

And then 30 minutes later this was the weather....


No comments: