Monday 24 August 2015

A lazy week in the English "summer"...

So this week has been a bit of a dull one I do apologise, but I have spent most of it on the sofa watching crappy day-time tv, or shopping because after 5 weeks of 30+degrees cloudy London and 20degrees felt like winter so I had to update my wardrobe obviously..

So I didn't do a hell of a lot in London other than shop.. I mean I had all the intentions of going somewhere new and exploring and all that exciting stuff, but every time I had finished shopping, it started rainig so I took it as a sign that I should either continue shopping or go home..
But, fear not because on Friday I got the train to Weymouth, and to my delight (sense the sarcasm) my train was once again late, so I took this opportunity to have a little nap on the train, because Weymouth is the last stop so I couldn't miss it!

So, despite the change of location, I have spent a lot of time on the sofa, but in my defence the weather has been pretty rubbish (looking out the window its raining and windy, gotta love the english summer). But yesterday we did go to the seaside and have chips and cider before taking Monty for a walk along the beach.

Monty wanted to walk in the water but Sue wasn't so sure...
I know, Europe changed me... 




Monty trying to save me money by digging his way to New Zealand so I don't  have to fork out for flights.



While being in Weymouth I have also learnt a couple of things about England, firstly being that their idea of a barbecue is a tiny little thing with one element thing (i've nailed this whole bbq talk right). I didn't realise that New Zealand's barbecues were so massive compared to the tiny little english ones. But that's not all. Get this, England have disposable barbecues. Apparently its actually something people use when they want a bbq on the beach. I'd never heard of this before and it actually blows my mind! And now Rob thinks there's a market in NZ for disposable bbq's, although I'm not too sure how they'd do there...

I know this is a little post but because it is i'm going to try and start the topdeck tour posts!

So until next time then!



No comments: