Monday 17 August 2015

I'm back!

I'm back!!
Right so I do appologise for there being a blatant lack of posts over the last five weeks, but as you may have known, I have been off exploring Europe.
Now you may ask where I went on a five week tour of Europe, and the short answer is: everywhere
So in 34 days we (being the 30-or so others on the tour) covered 17 countries; France, Switzerland, Spain, Monaco, Italy, The Vatican, Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, The Czech Republic, Germany, The Netherlands and Belgium.

So rather than posting one blog post on the trip, which I think would break a record for being the longest blog post in existance, I'm going to (try) and post a blog on each place/country along with the usual weekly ones. I'm not too sure how that'll work, and if I will actually be able to post more than one post a week with my talent at procrastination, but we'll see how we go!

So, as you can probably imagine, a five week tour around Europe was the most incredible thing ever! I had the time of my life and met so many amazing people that were on the tour! Plus I had the best possible birthday ever (I mean how can it be bad when you spend it in Paris right!)

So a quick overview of the trip- we drove between each city and country (which meant I got really good at catching up on sleep on the coach). And I know some of you will find this hard to believe, but I spent nearly the whole time camping.. In tents... for four of the five weeks... Shocking that I survived, I know.
When we were a couple of minutes from arriving at a stop or at our destination, the crew (a driver, a chef and a tour leader) played the wake-up song to let us all know that we were about to stop, so now whenever I hear “Time of Our Lives” by Pitbull I immediately feel more awake, and I also need to pee...

Now travelling, as you all probably know,is not cheap, and I think I probably spent about 50eros on water- because it was over 35degrees for four solid weeks-, and probably the same amount on toilets, because apparently in Europe they don't believe in free loos, so I blame that for my now being broke (and not the fact that I bought a lot of food on the tour...)

I got back to London on the 14th (last Friday) when the tour finished, and I haven't done a lot since then! Other then doing three loads of washing and having the best nights sleep after five weeks of camping, there's not a lot else to say!


So there's your update and now (hopefully) we'll be back into the old routine!

No comments: