Saturday 19 December 2015

Dreams coming true!

Now, the following will probably consist of mainly pictures and a little bit of fangirling, so consider yourself warned

On Thursday, I had the most magical day of my life. I went to the Warner Brothers studios where they filmed Harry Potter, and where all the sets and costumes and props and prosthetics and creatures and basically everything Harry Potter.

You're probably thinking that i'm over-reacting about all of this, but Harry Potter was basically my childhood. The first film came out when I was five, and every year after that we would see the newest release for my birthday treat until the final one was released when I was 15..
So for me to see the actual sets and everything from the films was a dream come true!

I know that if I go into detail we will be here all day, so I'm just going to post a whole lot of photos of me pretending to be cool, calm and collected when on the inside I was giddy with excitement for the four hours we were there (I don't think I hid my excitement all that well, but at least in the photos I look sane..)

(they're a bit out of order sorry but i've had so many dramas trying to get all the photos - why it's so late being posted- that i can't be bothered to sort it out, but you'll get the idea!)







At the main doors to the Great Hall!
Neville's totally badass cardigan that helped him save the world (because to save the world you have to look the part!)

Waiting for the next course to appear


At the gates to the school!!


In Dumbledoors office!
I think Hermione's dress is my all time favourite costume, and in real life it was just stunning (so was Cho's- there was so much detail that you didn't see in the film!)
Some of Luna's clothes!
This corridor was probably under two metres long, but it's an optical illusion to make you think that it's a lot longer!
Cheeky selfie in the Mirror of erised!
So I got to keep the bit of paper that came out of the Goblet of fire because i knew what happened when the flames turned red and it was potentially the best moment ever (free souvenir!)

The Gryffindor common room looked so cosy and perfect (so close to how I've always imagined it from the books!) 
The invisibility cloak! (!!!!!!!) 



All the animal actors! So many dogs played Fang!


Learning how to cast spells like a pro!
















About2 seconds before this photo was taken a dementor jumped out onto the screen and gave us a massive fright.. This is our recovery!

Annoying the Dursleys! 
Somehow Lucy managed to get behind the wheel...
My turn to drive!



Me basically holding back tears at the sight of Hogwarts in the snow...




Choosing my perfect wand!


So as you can probably tell, I had the time of my life in that place and the dream i've had since I was five finally came true!

Soz if you're not a Harry Potter fan but there was no way I wasn't going to do this post... Soz

No comments: