Thursday 25 August 2016

The biggest lie ever...

So, as you probably know by now, in December last year I managed to pull off the biggest lie of my life (with the help of the best dad ever) and convince my entire family that I was staying in England until late January when in reality I was sneaking back home a month early to surprise them all for christmas.

So when I was supposed to be heading to Weymouth with the Scotts after the Warner Bro's Harry Potter Studios, I was actually sneaking across London to get sorted for my flight to Singapore the next morning.
So on the morning of the 18th of December I was in a taxi heading to Heathrow, chatting to the driver about my big secret plan and he was telling me all about his home in Sierra Leone which was very interesting.
I got to Heathrow and did all the normal airport stuff, and eventually got on the flight and made he most of the movies on the seat back system.

Once I got to Singapore I got a shuttle to my hotel for the next two days and immediately got changed into shorts because it felt like 100 degrees in comparison to the English winter I had left behind. I spent my time in Singapore doing three things, the first was seeing as much of the city I could, the second was sleeping because my jet-lag was horrible (asleep by 8pm and wide awake at 4am every day no matter how much I tried to stay awake until late or sleep in, and the third thing was staying away from any form of social media, because no one knew that I was on my way home except for dad, and the family in England....

While in Singapore I went to the botanic gardens, walked along orchard road (I was so disappointed that I had no suitcase space because I could have spent all my money there.. I also saw the Marina Bay Sands hotel, which I don't really remember because the combination of the heat and jet-lag I was basically sleepwalking the whole time..
Because I don't really remember a lot of Singapore, and I was back in my hotel by 4pm every day, I thought I would as usual dump a whole lot of photos and claim its a semi-decent blog post!



There were turtles in the lake!


I figured I had to have a photo of myself there because no one would believe me otherwise..











Butterflies at Singapore Airport!

Somehow, despite the jet-lag and hundreds of things that could've gone wrong, I managed to sneak half way across the world, spend three days in Singapore, catch 3 flights and no one had a clue!
My best friend from school picked me up from the airport and took he to her house so I could have a shower and wait until it was time for me to go home for the first tie in over a year.

Dad had managed to convince the whole family and a few friends to come round for a cocktail night to days before christmas, so when I walked in the door everyone was there, and the look on their faces was an absolute picture!

And just like that, my gap year was over! But I'll do a special post about it, don't you worry ;)

No comments: