Monday 20 April 2015

Train problems and back to reality

It seriously worries me just how fast mondays seem to come around.. I swear it hasn't been a week since the last post...
So on Tuesday Jo took me around a local town which was insanely pretty (and being the amazing blogger that I am, I have forgotten the name of the town, and I didn't take any photos while we were there. Sorry..)
However I can tell you that while we were there we had an amazing lunch out where we ate incredible salads (I know, I chose to eat a salad!) and the best carrot cake I have ever had!
What's not to love about a view like that?!
That evening we went for a walk around the farm, and it was stunning. The sun was setting and the flowers were out and it was quite nice to be able to walk somewhere and not hear horns going and the constant noise of traffic that you get in London.





On Wednesday Jo took me into Cambridge and we were proper tourists for the day. We walked around the little streets, went into the chapel at Kings College, walked along the banks of the river watching the people punt (nowhere near as skillfully as I did it ;) and all of this was in 25degrees. I think I have actually forgotten what warm weather is like because I couldn't really function in that heat! It may have been the perfect weather or the amazing tour guide (thanks Jo) but whatever it was, I completely fell in love with Cambridge. (brace yourself for an overload of photos..)





I can't imagine going to a University that looks like that. I'd never get anything done!













After the excitement and heat of wednesday, I decided to do nothing on Thursday and Friday. Now before you go on about how I'm a typical teenager and all that jazz, I might add that I was up before 9 on both days (!!) and I did go on a run. But for the rest of the time I sat in front of the TV talking to friends back home via the life-saving Facebook messenger (seriously, without it I would be lost).
In the afternoons I went on the school run with Megan, and I also went to the supermarket with Jo (where we had lunch in a cafe that was IN the supermarket! Genius idea!).

As Saturday rolled around it was time for me to go back to London, so three trains and a ridiculous amount of stairs later I made it back to Nunhead with my suitcase (which I fear may not last much longer..). After a short catch up with Sarah and Martin, I made my way back into London to meet up with Adele. We decided that shopping would be a good idea (when is it not) so we made plans to meet at Shepherds bush, which is usually really easy to get to. However luck was not on our side because the tube stopped three stations before shepherds bush, and didn't go any closer because of maintenance or something. So, off the tube and onto a bus right? Oh no! Because that was everyone else's idea too, so every bus that went past was full of people, so they didn't stop. So rather than wait ages to stand on a crowded bus, I decided to walk the 2 miles to Shepherds bush, and thankfully the weather was nice because otherwise I would not have been happy..
When I finally made it to the mall, I had to wait for Adele, who had managed to get on a bus, and was stuck in traffic (she eventually gave up and walked, which was faster than the bus anyway).
After the amount of effort it took to get there, we made the most of our time there. While we shopped we caught up because we hadn't seen each other since we went to Paris, so there was a lot to talk about! After a solid three hours of shopping, we decided it was time to head back (mainly because my arm were hurting from all the stuff I had bought) and so we left. It was a lot easier getting back than it was getting there, and we were stoked when we got on the right train (I think the locals were found our excitement amusing).

Sunday was another relaxed day (it was the last day of the holidays so don't judge). Once again I sat in front of the TV watching awful reality shows until Adele came around and we ignored the TV and just talked for a good couple of hours. for the second time this week I had the terrifying realisation of how old we are getting (I know you may laugh but when you realise that you are going to turn 20 next year, you freak out a little bit). Adele went off into the city to do a bit more shopping, and I was good and didn't (maybe because my suitcase is very full and I do not have the packing skill or the muscle to get it across London..). That night we had a roast, and I decided I love the whole Sunday roast tradition because they're just so darn good! And then we sat in front of the tv and watched movies. I stayed up past everyone else because The Vow was on and I love that movie a lot, but by 10.30 I was nearly falling asleep (I know, crazy 18yearold right here) so I called it a night half way through the movie and went to bed.

And so we're back to Monday! I haven't done a lot this morning other than do some washing just so I don't have to do it when I get back to school, and pack my suitcase (and yes all my new clothes do fit! Thank god...)
At 11.30 I headed into London to get the train back to school, and as usual I arrived stupidly early for the train. What I thought would be the usual simple journey of nearly three hours took much longer, because my train was late to arrive in Bath, which meant I missed my connecting train to Frome. Needless to say I was not happy at all. Turns out it wasn't such a bad thing because I had a quick walk around Bath while I waited for the next train (which arrived TWO HOURS later..) and the weather was so lovely and sunny which made me a little bit happier about dragging my suitcase around. When I finally arrived at school I unpacked my suitcase and shoved it into the wardrobe – three weeks of it was too much. The rest of the day was spent catching up with everyone and reading letters that I found in my pigeon hole! Such a nice surprise!

And once again that is all for this week!

One of the nicer views from the train. Its just so yellow and summery and things finally look alive!
Bath is quite pretty and I want to go back very soon.

No comments: